There are countless floating markets throughout the country, many within a couple of hours of the capital. The colorfully clad merchants at these lively markets paddle along congested canals in sturdy canoes laden with fresh fruit and vegetables to sell to shoppers on the banks. There is lots of chatter and activity – bargaining is common – thats all part of the fun -- but dont expect to get the price down more than a few baht.
The most famous of the floating markets is Damnoen Saduak, about 100 kilometers southwest of Bangkok. This buzzing market is at its best in the early morning before the crowds arrive and the heat of the day builds up. Our tour also includes a visit to Phra Pathom Chedi in Nakorn Pathom, supposedly the largest pagoda in Southeast Asia.
The most interesting tour will take you to the unspoiled rural floating market of Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, situated 110 km. west of Bangkok. This floating market, one of the most authentic left in Thailand, is a glimpse into the past of how locally grown produce was sold along the many rivers of Thailand.
- Pick up and drop off from hotel in Bangkok city area
- All admission fee as in the itinerary
- English speaking guide
- Longtail Boat by Motor Engine
- Boat ride through the markets (optional extra, payable direct)
- Transfer service operates according to pre-assigned and route only. Please let us know your hotel name during your booking process. We will confirm you the pick up time by email.
- Extra charge will be applied for transfer in some Bangkok area. (To be advised)
- Tour and program can be flexible depending on time and weather condition.